Friday, June 10, 2011

The Dark Side of The Force: Vons

So today we get to discuss the subject of the dark side. Now as you may know in George Lucas' Star War's series the ultimate power that rules all things both good and evil is known as "The Force." I have applied this to the way I shop and the use of coupons. I believe that there are many of us out there who have learned to use coupons successfully and who have learned to rock the registers with our knowledge of couponing/the light side of the force. However, Just like in the movies there is a dark side of The Force as well.

The dark side of The Force I am referring to today is Vons. Vons has put into place a coupon policy to stifle that of the couponer/Jedi knight. The policy states that only 2 like coupons can be used per transaction per customer per week.

First let me say this, the joint WAS EMPTY there was virtually no one in the store except employees because their prices are typically so high. Secondly a lot of people think that using coupons hurts stores when in actuality it helps stores! They get the cost of the coupon back plus 8 cents for every coupon so they are making more than if they just sold it to you! So if your store is empty, you know your charging an arm and a leg, and your trying to up business why put such a bad policy in place?

Even then I am a Jedi Master of Coupons so I light saber attacked the crap out of Von's regardless. My total before coupons was $122! after coupons.....$53! (this is the equivalent of Luke cutting off Vaders hand in Return of The Jedi).

As for me I wont be traveling to Vons for their "sales" anytime soon. With Wal*Mart matching their sales prices I can go there and not worry about limits! So farewell Von's it's been real and I hope you and the rest of the Empire have fun fighting the coupon rebellion!

1 comment:

  1. Bahaha! Thanks for taking one for the team to let us know that Vons policy is for the birds! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete