Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Maybe Your Hamburger Needs Help? Mine doesnt need S@*1%

Let me just preface this post by apologizing to my mother. I was raised in a house where Hamburger Helper was not allowed to enter. She despised that talking glove like Nicholas Cage despises good acting. My mom probably would have been more okay with me sneaking in booze or crack than the dreaded HH. Sorry mom.

My wife however was raised on the HH and it is a guilty pleasure of hers so I decided why not? It's easy to prepare it stays good for a long time and it is cost effective.

So here is the Breakdown .....54 Boxes of Hamburger/Chicken Helper + 6 boxes of Tide laundry detergent to combat all the messes my kids will make with it = $131.52 before sales and coupons. After sales and coupons you are looking at a whopping $42.24. Sorry again mom and I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me how you did that??? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elementary my dear Jamie B. I had 6 coupons for $2 off 1 tide powder and as long as you bought 10 or more participating items with this sale the price dropped to $4.99 making the final price $2.99 per box. The Helper was a also part of this sale and as long as you bought 10 or more the price dropped from $1.77 a box to $1 and I had 18 .75cents off 3 coupons. Also if you bought 5 or more you got a coupon printed out at the end (also know as a Catalina) for $2 off your next purchase. So I bought the Helper in groups of 6 each time and used to coupons (75 cents per coupon) on the first group of 6 and the all the remaining groups (8) I used the 2 75 cent coupons along with the $2 catalina from the transaction the proceeded it! making them = out to 45cents per box!

    ReplyDelete